BITU PLAST (PC 1126) is a cold applied bituminous caulking compound with mineral fillers in a volatile solvent to retain its plasticity. It is a trowel applied roof repair mastic available in a putty form. BITU PLAST is a heavy filled fibre modified bituminous compound that dries to a flexible black coating that remains soft, pliable and plastic for a considerable length of time.
AREA OF APPLICATION :
BITU PLAST can ideally be used for waterproofing, stopping, bedding and repairing of :-
• Slates, mastic asphalt and roofing felt
• Corrugated sheets and cast iron pipes
• Lead, copper and Zinc.
• Can be applied on thick concrete, fibre cement and timber
• As a protective coat in underground storage tank.
BITU PLAST is ideal for use in situation were certain degree of expansion, contraction and vibration is expected on concrete surface. It can also be applied around “J” Hooks used for fixing Asbestos / GI sheets. It can be used for caulking various types of roofs and masonry walls, including,
• Fully plugging gaps in tiles caused by sagging of battens or otherwise in case of tiled roofs.
• Filling minor cracks / gaps in terraced roofs or other locations.